CSSL Football – No Games Easter – 16 April
There are no CSSL games Easter weekend (16 April).
Under Rule 6.1 of the CSSL league, it is a prerequisite that each team must register TWO CURRENT club based referees who have completed the Mainland Football club based referees course in the last 3 years. Club Based referee courses are be available from the Mainland Football website – Referees. Cost: $15 per person The CSSL will pay this fee for up to 3 players per team.
CSSL League Layout
Due to the withdrawal of one team, the league is down to 34 teams. The Committee has approved the following divisions:
- Divison 1 – 8 teams.
- Divison 2 – 8 teams.
- Divison 3 – 8 teams.
- Divison 4 – 10 teams. We will try to get as many games as possible in Divsion 4, depending on the end of the season and any cancellations.
2017 Season Start
The 2017 season starts on 2 April 2017. No games Easter or Queens Birthday weekends.
2016 CSSL Winners – League
|CSSL Trophy:||Southern Districts Salamanders|
|Division 1:||Avonhead B|
|Division 3:||Prebbleton Shamrocks|
|Division 5:||Team Lhotshampa|
2016 CSSL Winners – Awards
|Division 1 – Player of the Year:||Maty Whittle (Avonhead)|
|Division 2 – Player of the Year:||Jamie Draper (Southern Districts Salamanders)|
|Division 3 – Player of the Year:||Ben Williams (Combine Brothers)|
|Division 4 – Player of the Year:||Ben Majendie (Ilam Hardies)|
|Division 5 – Player of the Year:||Aashish Rai (Team Lhotshampa)|
|Referee of the Year:||Javier Ortega|
|Fair Play Award:||Matt Sands (Prebbleton)|
|Personality of the Year:||Ben McNabb (Coastal Spirit)|
Team Cards and Results Phone
Please remember to TXT your results to 022 1057110 by 5.30 pm on the Sunday of the game. Please fill in the team card correctly – team names, division, venue, all players full names, player numbers, both captains signatures, referees names and signatures, score check and any comments (if applicable). Post the team card in by the Wednesday following the game (or scan it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to correctly fill in the team cards, TXT results or post/email team cards in will result in fines.
Complaints and Disputes
All correspondence regarding complaints, disputes and appeals are to be sent to the CSSL Administrator (email to email@example.com) on the CSSL Complaint and Dispute Form which is available on the CSSL website under Forms (PDF and Word). Any further information required will be collated by the Administrator for consideration at a Committee meeting. Any Committee decision on such matters will be communicated to the respective clubs by the Administrator.
Keep it [+]
Mainland Football and the CSSL would like to present you the Keep it Positive campaign.
- We all love the game of football. Players, coaches, parents, spectators and officials all want and deserve a positive experience each time they take the field. Sadly Mainland Football currently deal with far too many misconduct reports, incident reports and general complaints. To ensure football maintains a high level of integrity we must ensure that everyone involved plays their part. Players, coaches, parents, spectators and officials each have a responsibility and duty of care to act appropriately and collectively to enhance our local football community.
- With this campaign we would like to make everyone aware that:
- We all need to understand what behaviours are acceptable and unacceptable, on and off the field.
- We all have a role to play in keeping it positive on and off the field.
- We all want to decrease the number of incidents of abuse and assaults on and off the field and retain our beautiful game.
- We all deserve a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone to play in.